Putting the eyes in the back of your head
When it comes to keeping the staff and students safe at schools, colleges and universities you can’t be too careful. With our advanced CCTV cameras, and intelligently integrated systems, we have you covered. Plus, being trusted by Oxford University, we know what it takes to protect the highest level of educational establishments.
In today’s world, offering the minimum is not enough which is why we use the latest technology to ensure you are safeguarding your students, staff, data, and assets. Our CCTV systems provide live monitoring, archiving and quick searching, but this is just the beginning. There is so much more available, and we will work with you to implement an advanced, suitable, and intelligent system to fulfil your organisations requirements.
How we are working to give you more
As one of the leading installers in South East England, we are experts in customising and integrating your CCTV Systems with intelligent features which are bespoke to your requirements.
Identify cars that are trying to enter or leave your car parks so that you can grant or deny access based on number plate or facial recognition. This can also be linked seamlessly to the individual then accessing the building, with CCTV cameras on doors and in walkways, you can grant access to certain areas or even alert the relevant individuals when someone is somewhere they shouldn’t be.Learn more about what access control can do for you
Video Management Systems
With so many options for CCTV available it’s important to consultant an expert and make sure the system you select is appropriate for your application. For educational settings we provide a software based CCTV system which offers the following benefits:
- Always stay up to date with the latest cyber security threats with live updates
- Software can be installed on your own Servers/PC’s
- Expandable to unlimited cameras
- Investment is transferable to new recording hardware if your server fails
- Easier to use with windows familiar user interface
Cloud CCTV systems
Perfect for large campus and multi-site organisations, footage can be stored in the cloud and is accessible from any internet-enabled device remotely, regardless of where you are in the world, with no need for any software installations or interference with your IT systems. This system has one login per person and you can manage your entire footage library from one screen. Relevant events are bought to your attention and smart search facilities such as vehicle colour, number plate or personal appearance allow you to find incidents in seconds with no need for rewinding/fast-forwarding.
- Easy to use: Intuitive interface, find information in seconds
- Monitor usage: Check who accessed the system, what they viewed, and if they changed anything
- Share footage easily: Send footage to colleagues or the police with two clicks by SMS or Email
- User permission: Set permissions for which cameras each user can see
- Tamper proof: All data is backed up and encrypted in the cloud so footage cannot be stolen or destroyed
- Critical alerts: Get notified if a camera is not working, it’s been moved or tampered with.
- Scalability: These solutions are incredibly easy to upgrade and expand as cloud storage is unlimited and data centres will have the capacity to comfortably handle your new requirements.
This solution does exactly what it says with on the tin with the servers and data being located on your premises, using backups and disaster recovery software to extract the data when you need it during a network failure. It is available in wired and wireless options and you can view the live and archived footage through your local PC and devices.
- Unlimited customisation: Because the servers and network are all local and specific to you, they can be fully customised exactly to your requirements, regardless of how niche this may be.
- Safeguarding students: In the education system and when dealing with minors, there are strict safeguarding laws that need to be followed which may require data to be stored on site, rather than in the cloud.
- Suits in-house IT teams: The internal IT department may prefer to have the servers and network in-house which can also save you money in the long run on support and maintenance contracts.
Steve Porter Head Porter, Pembroke College
“I can’t sing the praises of our new IP CCTV system highly enough. It’s made our College far more secure, it’s incredibly easy to manage and extremely quick to retrieve and rewind relevant footage.”
Richard Hayes St Edward's School
“We have a long-standing relationship with Chris Lewis Fire & Security and we greatly value their product and technical knowledge, and their professionalism. They provide a very efficient call-out service if we experience a problem and their engineers are always very friendly and efficient.”
Facilities Manager Leighton Park School
“Chris Lewis Fire and Security have always provided us with first-class solutions. They always put our staff and pupils’ safety first. We are glad that we used a school security expert”