Putting the eyes in the back of your head
When it comes to keeping the staff and students safe at schools, colleges, and universities, you can’t be too careful. With our advanced CCTV cameras and intelligently integrated systems, we've got you covered.
Having been trusted by Oxford University for over 10 years, we know what's required to protect educational establishments.
As a bare minimum, your CCTV surveillance systems need to capture live footage for reactive playback, should you ever need it. That being said, is that really enough in today's world? Are you really getting the most out of your surveillance cameras? At Chris Lewis, our CCTV and video recording technology goes above and beyond plain old reactive monitoring. Our HD CCTV cameras provide high-quality images and real-time activity notifications, helping to keep your staff, students, assets, and premises secure, 24/7.
Providing CCTV systems that do more than just record
As one of the leading installers in South East England, we are experts in customising and integrating your CCTV Systems with intelligent features which are bespoke to your requirements.
Integrate your IP camera system with your access control system and use facial recognition to grant/deny access to people inside or entering the building. Whether this is the main classrooms and communal areas, or even dorms/halls, it's essential to ensure access is only given to those who are welcome. You can even use ANPR to grant access to cars in car parks.Learn more about what access control can do for you
Receive instant notifications if unauthorised individuals are located in areas where they are not permitted. Alternatively, the same system can be used to detect individuals who may be skipping class or attempting to leave the grounds without permission.
Cloud CCTV systems
Perfect for large campus and multi-site organisations, footage can be stored in the cloud and is accessible from any internet-enabled device remotely, no matter where you are in the world, with no need for any software installations or interference with your IT systems. This system has one login per person and you can manage your entire footage library from one screen. Relevant events are bought to your attention and smart search facilities such as vehicle colour, number plate, or personal appearance allow you to find incidents in seconds with no need for rewinding/fast-forwarding.
- Easy to use: Intuitive interface, find information in seconds
- Monitor usage: Check who accessed the system, what they viewed, and if they changed anything
- Share footage easily: Send footage to colleagues or the police with two clicks by SMS or Email
- User permission: Set permissions for which cameras each user can see
- Tamper proof: All data is backed up and encrypted in the cloud so footage cannot be stolen or destroyed
- Critical alerts: Get notified if a camera is not working, it’s been moved or tampered with
- Scalability: These solutions are incredibly easy to upgrade and expand as cloud storage is unlimited and data centres will have the capacity to comfortably handle your new requirements
Cloud CCTV Storage: Everything you need to know
Cloud CCTV Systems:
The three main benefits
This solution does exactly what it says with on the tin with the servers and data being located on your premises, using backups and disaster recovery software to extract the data when you need it during a network failure. It is available in wired and wireless options and you can view the live and archived footage through your on-site PC and devices.
- Unlimited customisation: Because the servers and network are all local and specific to you, they can be fully customised exactly to your requirements, regardless of how niche this may be
- Safeguarding students: In the education system and when dealing with minors, there are strict safeguarding laws that need to be followed which may require data to be stored on site, rather than in the cloud
- Suits in-house IT teams: The internal IT department may prefer to have the servers and network in-house which can also save you money in the long run on support and maintenance contracts
Steve Porter Head Porter, Pembroke College
“I can’t sing the praises of our new IP CCTV system highly enough. It’s made our College far more secure, it’s incredibly easy to manage and extremely quick to retrieve and rewind relevant footage.”
Richard Hayes St Edward's School
“We have a long-standing relationship with Chris Lewis Fire & Security and we greatly value their product and technical knowledge, and their professionalism. They provide a very efficient call-out service if we experience a problem and their engineers are always very friendly and efficient.”
Facilities Manager Leighton Park School
“Chris Lewis Fire and Security have always provided us with first-class solutions. They always put our staff and pupils’ safety first. We are glad that we used a school security expert”