The position will report directly to the Installation and Service Manager and be based out of our head office in Oxford.
- Attending customer sites according to scheduled appointments
- Installing small and large security and fire systems
- Providing detailed onsite analysis of actual and potential system issues and communicating these clearly to the customer as required
- Proposing and explaining work undertaken and identified requirements for additional works to the customer
- Identifying opportunities for system additions by seeking to understand additional customer requirements
- Ensuring that the customer is happy with the work undertaken and that the site is left in a clean and tidy state.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years working in the security industry
- Solid working knowledge of Galaxy, Scantronic, Texecom, Castle, Intruder, Gent, Notifier, Advanced or Morley Fire, Paxton Access Control, FAAC and BFT Gates and quality CCTV Systems
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work out of normal hours if necessary
- Full driving licence – this position will require travel to customer sites
- Able to competently trouble shoot all types of system
- Able to think on your feet and to remain calm under pressure
- Personable and equally able to work as part of a team or unsupervised where necessary
- Keen to maintain extremely high standards of workmanship and a professional image at all times
- Customer service focussed
Full training relevant to the job will be provided, depending on the candidate’s specific requirements and experience. Training will be provided both in-house and through external sources if required.
All Chris Lewis Fire & Security employees are encouraged to propose appropriate training where they feel it would be advantageous to their role.
The company is an Investor in People – committed to continual improvement of all employees – and an equal opportunities employer.
We believe strongly in the importance and values of equality and diversity as expressed in our strategic aims and our core values. We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for our staff and to the understanding of our diverse community and recognising the value of each individual’s contributions. We are fully committed to equality of treatment for our staff and other service users, regardless of disability, race, gender (including gender reassignment), age, sexual orientation, religion or belief and will not tolerate any form of discrimination.
For an informal discussion about this role, please email email@example.com or call 01865 782444
No agencies please.